Location: 324 W. Truslow Avenue (Originally Located: 101 S. Pomona Avenue)
Ca. 1895: Queen Anne Victorian
This attractive Victorian cottage is one of a small number of such houses still standing in Fullerton. None is large or particularly ornate and can be understood best as representing the housing of the working class: simple, practical, and with only modest concessions to the prevailing style. The main roof is hipped with gable extensions facing north and east. These gables are trimmed with returns and decorative half moon vents. The use of clapboard siding and the design of the wrap-around verandah with its own lowpitched roof and slender supports and railing are characteristic features.
Constructed sometime in the mid-1890s, the house was originally located at the southwest corner of Pomona and Commonwealth Avenues. The structure was moved to its present lot on Truslow Avenue in 1926, by George Annin, a police officer for the city, who lived there until 1930.
The house is named for the Espinoza family, who bought this property in 1958, and has retained ownership for the last 40 years.