Location: 321 E. Chapman Avenue 1935: Spanish Colonial Revival
Fullerton College was established as part of the Fullerton school system in 1913, six years after passage of the enabling legislation for the junior college system. It is the oldest continuously operating community college in the United States.
Initially, the college was an integral part of the high school, constituting a two-year post-graduation program, until it became an independent entity in 1925. For several years the college continued to share the high school facilities until the first of two major construction programs was undertaken in the 1930s, when the college district acquired its current site and started constructing a new campus.
The first set of buildings was designed by Harry K. Vaughan and funded under the W.P.A. program. The remainder was the result of extensive additions made later in the 1950s.