Location: 509 N. Harbor Boulevard 1946: Streamline Moderne
This narrow commercial building was constructed in 1946, for Oran Adams and was initially used as a barbershop. Mr. Adams was a member of the Masonic Temple immediately to the south. The Masons allowed him to build on their property and sold him the land later.
The building's Moderne style is but one of a handful in Fullerton, but in this case, it is not a particularly strong statement. The curved corner where the entry door is located and the linear pattern from the grooved courses of the concrete construction are contributing features.