Location: 109 - 123 E. Commonwealth Avenue 1925: Brick Commercial
After deciding to demolish of the St. George Hotel in 1918, George Amerige constructed a series of commercial buildings or blocks on the land where the hotel stood. This one-story commercial block represents the second in the sequence of construction during the 1920s. The structures are typical of Fullerton business buildings in the use of brick and glazed tile. Characteristically, the surface decorations include the use of at least two different colors of brick above, with the glazed tiles below at street level. Only one of the ground story storefronts has been altered, and every one retains its parapet that varies in outline but seems to be intended as an echo of the wood storefronts of an earlier day.