Location: 145 East Commonwealth Avenue (Originally Located:
150 Marion Boulevard) 1900: Colonial Revival
This Colonial Revival house was built on a lot at the northwest corner of Commonwealth and Pomona Avenues for Richard Thomas Davies, a prominent Fullerton businessman of Welsh descent. Davies worked in the fruit packing industry in Fullerton, becoming the manager for the Fay Fruit Company, and was deeply involved in civic activities for over 26 years until his death in 1930.
The house is a particularly good example of the Colonial Revival style, so popular in Fullerton at the turn of the century. Exceptionally striking is the wrap-around porch that helped position the house to its original corner site.
In 1981, this structure was moved to 150 Marion Boulevard, where it has been restored and enlarged for its use once again as a residence. At this location on a hillside lot, the house was placed on top of a new basement and garage, so the structure now appears to be two stories in height.