Location: 761 N. Richman Avenue 1906: California Bungalow
This one-and-half story structure, now situated on a corner double lot, is the oldest house in the Golden Hills neighborhood. The residence has typical features of an early California bungalow: a low-pitched gable roofs with wide eaves; banks of fixed or casement windows on all sides; and plain detailing or trim work. Over the years the structure has been slightly altered as part of a conversion to create multiple units.
When built for Robert Concoran in 1906, the house was far removed from the city’s townsite. Mr. Concoran owned the Corcoran Paper Company on South Spadra Road (now Harbor Boulevard), a prominent business in Fullerton in the early 1900s.