• Email
  • Print



Recycle Fullerton
Collection Program (Residential)

Residential Collection (Republic Services)

  • Know Your Containers!

    • Recyclable Collection – Green Container
    • Non-Recyclable Trash Collection – Black Container
    • Green Waste Collection – Brown Container

Household Hazardous Waste

Many common products that we use in our daily lives contain potentially hazardous ingredients and require special care when disposing of these products. It is illegal to dispose of hazardous waste in the garbage, down storm drains, or onto the ground. Chemicals in illegally or improperly disposed hazardous waste can be released into the environment and contaminate our air, water, and possibly the food we eat. And by throwing hazardous waste in the garbage, you can cause additional hazards to your garbage handler.

1071 Blue Gum Street, Anaheim, CA 92806 (Between the 91 Freeway & 57 Freeways at the corner of La Palma Avenue and Blue Gum Street)

9am to 3pm, Tuesday through Saturday (closed on major holidays and during rainy weather)


Phone: (714) 834-4000


Accepts products such as latex and oil base paint, antifreeze, batteries, computers, electronics, fertilizers, herbicides, hobby supplies, pesticides, used oil and more.

Other Locations in Orange County


AB 341 Mandatory Commercial Recycling Law

  • The commercial sector generates nearly three fourths of the waste in California much of which is recyclable. The Mandatory Recycling Law (AB 341) is designed to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by diverting commercial solid waste to recycling and requires businesses, including public entities, generating four(4) cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week or a multifamily residential dwelling of five units or more shall arrange for recycling services starting July 1, 2012. Businesses can take one or any combination of the following to divert solid waste from disposal: self-haul, subscribe to a hauler(s), arrange for the pickup of recyclable materials, and/ or subscribe to a recycling service that may include mixed waste processing that yields diversion results comparable to source separation.


    Please contact Republic Services (MG Disposal) to sign up for recycling or find out about your recycling options for compliance. For more information, visit the CalRecycle website for more information about the Mandatory Recycling Law.

  • AB 1826 Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling Law

    Recyclable organic waste accounts for about 40% of the material Californians dispose in landfills annually. In order for California to achieve its aggressive recycling and waste diversion goals it must recycle its organic waste. The Mandatory Organics Recycling Law (AB 1826) requires that businesses and other generators of 4 or more cubic yards of solid waste per week arrange for recycling services for the following types of organic waste: food waste, green waste, landscape and pruning waste, nonhazardous wood waste, and food-soiled paper waste that is mixed with food waste.  Multifamily complexes must arrange for recycling services for the same material with the exception of food waste and food-soiled paper. 

    Most organic waste is recyclable through methods such as composting, mulching, and anaerobic digestion. Organics must be separated from trash and you can comply with this law by choosing a combination of any of the following recycling program options:

  1. Subscribe to the Food Scrap Recycling Program offered by Republic Services by calling 714-238-3317 or via email at ivllegas@republicservices.com;
  2. Recycle food scraps onsite through methods such as composting, or self-haul food scraps to a composting facility (must keep documentation) and report method to Republic Services
  3. Donate eligible food to a local food bank or Waste Not OC by calling 855-700-9662 (must keep documentation).
  4. Applies to multi-family complexes only:  Advise your landscaper to properly divert collected organic waste from the landfill by hauling green waste to permitted facilities.  Self-report by filling out multifamily complex  option of the survey:


Please contact Republic Services (MG Disposal) to sign up for organic recycling or find out about your options for compliance. For more information, visit the Republic Services AB1826 Brochure and/or CalRecycle FAQ website for more information about the Organic Recycling requirements.

Construction and Demolition Debris Recycling

California landfills are heavily impacted by over 4 million tons of C&D debris each year. By diverting C&D from landfills, it can help the City of Fullerton to achieve and maintain its diversion goals established by AB 939.

Effective January 1, 2014, CALGreen mandates permitted new residential and non-residential building construction, demolition and certain additions and alteration projects to recycle and/or salvage for reuse a minimum 50 percent of the nonhazardous construction and demolition (C&D) debris generated during the project.  Common C&D Materials include lumber, drywall, metals, masonry (brick concrete, etc.), carpet, plastic, pipe, rocks, dirt, paper, cardboard, or green waste related to land development.

For more info, visit CalRecycle's website on CALGreen FAQ.



  • Revised:  ‎ 4/14/2020