Process for Applying for Over-the-Street Banners
To make it easier for local non-profit organizations to get approval for event banners, the application process has been consolidated under one department - Maintenance Services. Instead of going to the Community Development Department at City Hall and then dropping off the banner at Maintenance Services down the street, representatives from Fullerton’s non-profit organizations can now come to Maintenance Services’ front counter, pick up and fill out an application, check to see if the desired display dates are available, and leave the application for processing - all in one trip. Maintenance Services’ offices are located at 1580 W. Commonwealth Ave, at the corner of Basque Avenue and Commonwealth Call (714) 738-6897 for more information.
Before applying for a banner permit, keep these tips in mind:
City of Fullerton
- Over-the-street banner locations are at:
- Harbor Boulevard, near Rosslyn Avenue (by the Costco Center),
- And at the intersection of N. Harbor and Malvern Avenue.
- An organization must be a Fullerton-based non-profit to apply for a banner.
- Banners must meet specifications for size, material, and construction. Details are on the application form.
- There is a $100.00 permit fee per banner for processing the application, and banner installation and removal.
- Banners are displayed for two-week periods.
- Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Organizations should make their requests at least 30 days in advance of the desired display date, but not more than a year ahead of time.
Mayor & City Council
1580 W. Commonwealth Avenue | Fullerton, CA 92832