• Homepage
  • Email
  • Print

Citizen Complaint Procedure

Citizen Complaint Procedure

You have the right to make a complaint against a police officer for any improper police conduct. California law requires this agency to have a procedure to investigate personnel complaints. You have a right to a written description of this procedure. This agency may find after investigation that there is not enough evidence to warrant action on your complaint; even if that is the case, you have the right to make the complaint and have it investigated if you believe an officer behaved improperly. Personnel complaints and any reports or findings relating to complaints must be retained by this agency for at least five years. 

Whenever any person complains about the conduct of a Fullerton Police Employee, the complaint will be received in an objective manner and thoroughly investigated by an appropriate supervisor. Because juveniles frequently do not understand the serious consequences which may flow from an unfounded report, complaints from juveniles are generally taken with the parent or guardian present.

The complaining party will be notified of the disposition of the complaint within 30 days following the disposition by the administrative staff.

Use a citizen complaint form or call the on duty watch commander at (714) 738- 6715.

City of Fullerton

Police Department
237 W. Commonwealth Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92832
(714) 738- 6715