Are you looking for a great way to get involved in the community? The Parks & Recreation Department provides a variety of volunteer, mentor, service-learning and academic internship opportunities. It is our goal to work with applicants to find an assignment that will be both mutually beneficial and enjoyable.
Generally, most volunteers assist us with our day to day operations of programs, special events, and for “as needed” experiences.
Types of positions include:
- Youth / Teen Programs
- Academic / Non Academic Internships – Child & Adolescent Development, Human Services, Psychology, Health Science, Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Design, and Public Administration
- Museum Docent
- Senior Programs
- Park Clean-ups
- Special Events
- PLAY (Playground Leaders Assisting Youth) Teen Volunteer Program
- If you are interested in any of our opportunities, an interview will be conducted to match you with an experience that is a fit for you. Please call 714-738-3324 to schedule a time to meet and/or discuss opportunities. Complete and bring our Volunteer Application (link to attached PDF) with you to the interview.
- Depending upon your assignment and if you will be working with children, you may be required to complete a Live Scan background investigation. If selected, our office will cover the cost and schedule an appointment for you at the Fullerton Police Department. Please note that this process may take up to 2-weeks for scheduling and approval.
- Once you have been cleared, we will conduct a Volunteer Orientation to discuss our guidelines and expectations for the assignment.
- Upon completion of your Volunteer Orientation, you will receive your assignment and instructions on communication with staff.