A request for minor site plan approval for co-location of a wireless facility on an existing cellular monopole on property located at 722 Williamson Avenue (south side of Williamson Avenue, approximately 340 feet west of the centerline of Woods Avenue) (M-G zone) (Categorically exempt under Section 15301 of CEQA Guidelines) (LLE).
Consultant Planner Levin stated that the applicant has requested a continuance for four weeks due to some parking issues and a more detailed site plan.
MOTION made by Chairman Eastman, SECONDED by Committee Member Tabatabaee and CARRIED unanimously by all voting members present to CONTINUE project to June 15 meeting.
Item No. 2
PRJ04-00143 – ZON04-00019.APPLICANT:CIE N. FRANZIE; PROPERTY OWNER:COCO PALMS. A request to install vehicular security gates to a residential condominium complex on property located at the southeast corner of Commonwealth and Acacia Avenues) (R-3 zone) (Categorically exempt under Section 15301 of CEQA Guidelines) (HAL).
Chairman Eastman presented a staff report on the project.
Committee Member Tabatabaee requested that a “man gate” be installed.
Senior Civil Engineer stated she would like to see the alley reconstructed and discussed vehicle exits.
Chairman Eastman reviewed the conditions of the project:
1. Prior to issuance of Building Permits, the applicant shall relocate the fire hydrant adjacent to gate “C” (northeastern corner) to a location outside of the gates, as indicated on the approved plans (per W.D.40246). The applicant shall obtain all required water permits, excavation permits and post necessary cash bonds.
2. A “man door” shall be provided at the gate “D” entrance (Southern entrance) to allow for pedestrian egress, as determined necessary by the City of Fullerton Building Official.
3. The drive lane at gate “A” shall be no less than 20 feet in width to assure Fire Department clearance.
4. The applicant shall provide signage and markings as required by the Fire Department for all emergency access roadways.
5. Prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy or a final building permit, an approved Knox key box shall be provided for each gate per Fullerton Fire Department Standard No. 24.
6. The project shall be in substantial conformance with the plans, descriptions, and statements provided by the applicant, excepting for modifications as determined appropriate by City staff during the plan check process.
7. All corrections generated during the City’s plan check process shall be incorporated as conditions of approval.
MOTION made by Committee Member Tabatabaee, SECONDED by Committee Member Petropolous and CARRIED unanimously by all voting members present to APPROVE project with conditions.
The residents questioned the number of parking spaces required and Chairman Eastman explained the City’s parking ordinance.He explained that the number of existing approved guest stalls needs to be maintained.
A resident was in support of the gate because there had been too many break-ins and vehicle thefts in the past.
Staff and residents discussed the Home Owner Association’s (HOA) responsibilities to the residents in having to schedule a meeting with the residents to vote on the project.Chairman Eastman explained that before a building permit is issued, the HOA will need the residents’ approval on the project.
ADJOURNED AT 9:35 AM AS STAFF SITE PLAN REVIEW COMMITTEE:
BY:_____________________________________ Ruth Leopold, Clerical Support