Fishing Derby - April, 5 2014
Registration Begins February 1, 2014 for Fullerton Residents.
Registration for the General Public begins February 15, 2014.
Join us for the 8th annual FREE Kid's Fishing Derby. Each year children experience a relaxing and successful day catching their first fish at Laguna Lake. Bring your own gear or borrow gear from the Department of Fish and Wildlife (DFW). Borrowing gear is contingent on going through the DFG fishing learning stations the morning of the event.
Registration starts February 1st. Register early to guarantee your spot. Only children are allowed to fish during these hours. This event will sell out. (Date subject to change due to inclement weather.)
-There will be food available to purchase, arts and crafts and more.
-Fishing is only allowed for kids ages 3-15, and the lake will open up to the public after the event.
-Families can continue to fish after the event, but must have a fishing license if you are 16 or older.
Located at 3120 Lakeview Dr. (just east of Euclid St.) in northern Fullerton. Park in one of the two lots or in the equestrian dirt parking lot.
Schedule of Events
- 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 – Registration & DFW Learning Stations
- 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Fishing Derby
Registration - (Starting February 1, for Fullerton Residents)
- Free (Register early to guarantee a spot)
- Space is limited to 700 persons, and early registration is recommended. Please register all family members, parents and children that will be attending the event.
- Register by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at (714) 738-6575 or online at www.fullertoneconnect.com. The program number for online registration is #31925
- Parents of children requiring special accommodations to participate in the event are asked to notify the department staff at the time of registration.
We are looking for volunteers for the day of the event. If interested please call (714) 738-3338.
Interested in supporting this free event, please contact (714) 738-3338.