Counselor in Training, “Service Learning”
Program For Teens
- Dates: Summer
- Must be available for a minimum of 3 days per week
- Ages: 13 - 18 years
- Cost: FREE! (Note: Some excursions fees may apply)
- Chapman Park Recreation Center
2515 San Carlos Street
- Hillcrest Park Recreation Center (seasonal)
1155 North Lemon
- Maple Community Center
701 South Lemon
- Orangethorpe Park Recreation Center
1414 South Brookhurst Street
- Richman Park
320 W. Elm
- Garnet Community Center
3012 Garnet Lane "A"
- Gilbert Community Center
2120 W. Orangethorpe Avenue
This unique “service learning” program is designed to build and develop the leadership skills needed to become an exceptional peer leader and mentor. The P.L.A.Y. leaders are responsible for assisting our paid staff, and instructing activities for school-aged children (5 - 12) at any of the six program locations listed. In addition to their service, our staff advisors provide weekly opportunities for your teen to express themselves thought activities that encourage team-building, leadership, and decision making. P.L.A.Y. Leaders also receive additional training and development opportunities with our paid staff, a volunteer staff shirt, and a "Certification of Participation" upon completion of their commitment.
Volunteer opportunities are limited.
- Applications must be submitted and may be picked up at Fullerton City Hall, Parks and Recreation Department (basement floor) or at any of the locations listed above during normal business hours. Or the application may be downloaded here.
- Candidates applying for a position will be invited for an oral interview.
- Those candidates receiving passing scores will be placed on the eligibility list for anticipated positions based on needs and season.
- Teens may need to bring money to buy snacks or souvenirs on scheduled excursions.
For more information or to request an application in the mail, please call (714) 738-3324.