PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
City Council Chamber
Monday, September 12, 2005
Public comment will be allowed on items on this Agenda at the time each item is considered.
Persons addressing the Commission shall be limited to 5 minutes, unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comments will also be allowed on items NOT on the agenda, but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission, prior to approval of the Minutes, and will be limited to thirty minutes and not to exceed five minutes per person. No one will be heard twice. Any public comments not received at the beginning of the session may be heard at the end of the session. NO action may be taken on off-agenda items, except as provided by law.
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS (Items 1 - 2)
*1. MINUTES OF THE JULY 11, 2005 REGULAR MEETING
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the July 11, 2005 regular meeting.
*2. PLAYGROUND SAFETY MEASURES
An update on the status of the Fullerton Sports Complex playground and a staff recommendation for Commission review and approval of recommendations made by playground safety consultants.
INFORMATION ITEMS (Items 3 - 8)
*3. FULLERTON AQUATICS SPORTS TEAM (F.A.S.T.) PROGRAM UPDATE
F.A.S.T. Head Coach, Kevin Perry, will provide a verbal presentation to update the Commission on the operation of the Janet Evans Swim Complex.
*4. LAGUNA LAKE HABITAT AND TRAIL IMPROVEMENTS
Staff will provide an update on the improvements at Laguna Lake.
*5. LANDSCAPE DIVISION MONTHLY REPORT FOR JULY AND AUGUST 2005
6. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE
- Bastanchury Park dedication scheduled for Saturday, October 1, 2005
- Parks and Recreation Fall brochure has been mailed out
7. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS
- Approved the Parks and Recreation Commission recommendation on proposed Tennis Center renovations
- Approved a budget transfer request from the Engineering Department in the amount of $225,000 from the Park Dwelling Fund Balance to the Laguna Lake Restoration project
- Coach Kevin Perry provided an update on F.A.S.T. operations of the Janet Evans Swim Complex
8. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS