PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
City Council Chamber
Monday, October 10, 2005
Public comment will be allowed on items on this Agenda at the time each item is considered.
Persons addressing the Commission shall be limited to 5 minutes, unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comments will also be allowed on items NOT on the agenda, but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission, prior to approval of the Minutes, and will be limited to thirty minutes and not to exceed five minutes per person. No one will be heard twice. Any public comments not received at the beginning of the session may be heard at the end of the session. NO action may be taken on off-agenda items, except as provided by law.
CALL TO ORDER
CONSENT ITEMS (Item 1)
- All matters listed under Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items prior to the time of voting on the motion unless members of the Commission, staff or public request specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
*1. MINUTES OF THE SEPTEMBER 12, 2005 REGULAR MEETING
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the September 12, 2005 regular meeting.
RECESS to Closed Session
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - POTENTIAL LITIGATION
- Per Government Code Section 54956.9
Potential Cases: One
CLOSED SESSION REPORT - None
REGULAR BUSINESS (Item 3)
*3. KIWANIS CLUB LEASE AT 410 S. RICHMAN AVENUE
A Contracts Review Subcommittee recommendation to find the Kiwanis Club in violation of the Kiwanis Club lease agreement, and to have staff send the Kiwanis a notice of violation.
INFORMATION ITEMS (Items 4 - 7)
*4. LANDSCAPE DIVISION MONTHLY REPORT FOR SEPTEMBER 2005
5. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE
6. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS
- Bastanchury Park dedication scheduled for Saturday, October 22, 2005
- Laguna Lake dedication - Phase 1
7. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
- Approved the Engineering Department's plans and specifications for the Independence Park restroom, locker and shower improvements and awarded the construction contract to MJ Contractors.
- Did not approve the Market Policy regarding petitioners at the Fullerton Market.
- Approved Memorandums of Understanding with the Fall 2005 Adopt-A-Park participants.
- Approved a City Council resolution authorizing the Director of Parks and Recreation to apply for grant funds from the Recreational Trails Program under The Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century for the construction of the Laguna Lake Park Trail.