City Council Chamber
Monday, June 14, 2004
Public comment will be allowed on items on this Agenda at the time each item is considered.
Persons addressing the Commission shall be limited to 5 minutes, unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comments will also be allowed on items NOT on the agenda, but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission, prior to approval of the Minutes, and will be limited to thirty minutes and not to exceed five minutes per person. No one will be heard twice. Any public comments not received at the beginning of the session may be heard at the end of the session. NO action may be taken on off-agenda items, except as provided by law.
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS (Items 1-3)
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the May 10, 2004 regular meeting.
COMMERCIAL MARKETING EVENTS IN PUBLIC PARKS
Community Services Commission review of the ordinance and policies for permitting commercial marketing events in public parks and discussion regarding the restrictions and community benefit to permitting these events.
COMMISSION INPUT REGARDING CHANGES TO THE COMMISSION/ COMMITTEE STRUCTURE AND APPOINTMENT PROCESS
City Council request that commission members provide input regarding changes to the commission/committee structure and appointment process.
INFORMATION ITEMS (Items 4 - 9)
INDEPENDENCE PARK POOL FACILITY RENOVATION
Informational update regarding the Independence Park Pool facility renovation.
LIONS FIELD CLUBHOUSE UPDATE
Informational update on usage at the Lions Field Clubhouse.
LANDSCAPE DIVISION MONTHLY REPORT FOR MAY 2004
BUILDING AND FACILITIES DIVISION MONTHLY MAINTENANCE REPORT FOR MAY 2004
REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS
- Amended a motion for changes to commissions and committees and continued the commissions and committees agenda item to July 20, 2004 to allow for further review of the appointment process and suggested work sessions with the commissions/committees.
- Authorized a budget transfer of $120,000 from the Park Dwelling fund balance to the Laguna Lake Restoration Project No. 5478; approved plans and specifications for the Project Laguna Lake; and awarded the contract to Los Angeles Engineering, Inc. for $1,699,999.99, contingent upon Rivers and Mountains Conservancy approval.
- Received proposed appropriation requests for Year Two (2004-05) of the Citys 2003-05 Adopted Budget, referred document to the Citys commissions and committees for comment, and scheduled the public hearing for June 1, 2004 at 7:30 p.m.
- Approved changes for the Fullerton Municipal Golf Course as proposed by American Golf and recommended by the Community Services Commission and Fullerton Municipal Golf Course clubs.
- Presented the Adopt-A-Park Spring 2004 Awards
- Approved a contract extension for the Muckenthaler Cultural Center Foundation
- Held a public hearing for revisions to the 2004-05 budget
- Held a public hearing for fee changes to the 2004-05 Community Services Policy Statement and Fee Schedule
The meeting of the Community Services Commission of July 12, 2004 has been cancelled. The next regular Community Services Commission meeting will be held on Monday, August 9, 2004 at 6:30 p.m. in the Fullerton City Council Chamber, 303 W. Commonwealth Avenue, Fullerton, California.
*Written Material Attached