Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1931-1946 Non-Residential > Pilasters at Amerige Park, 1934
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
Water Bill Payment
City Employment
Agendas & Minutes
City Services
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Public Notices
Stone Pilasters at Amerige Park

 << Back | Next >>

300 W. Commonwealth Avenue

Stone Pilasters at Amerige ParkThe flagstone pilasters that now help define the large ball field at Amerige Park were constructed in 1934, as part of the development of Commonwealth Park, later named Amerige Park in 1937, in honor of the city’s founders. The pilasters were originally situated about 120 feet south of Commonwealth Avenue. In a redesign of the ball field and its grandstand in the late 1980s, the pilasters were relocated to their present position, about 15 feet back from the street.

The pilasters were constructed with a concrete core and base and flagstone used as an exterior finish. When they were relocated, each was placed on its own foundation.

RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2015 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547