Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1931-1946 Non-Residential > Adams' Barbershop Building, 1946
Shortcuts
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
Agendas & Minutes
City Employment
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Police News
Public Notices
Adams’ Barbershop Building

<< Back

Location: 509 N. Harbor Boulevard
1946: Streamline Moderne

Adams Barbershop Building

This narrow commercial building was constructed in 1946, for Oran Adams and was initially used as a barbershop. Mr. Adams was a member of the Masonic Temple immediately to the south. The Masons allowed him to build on their property and sold him the land later.

The building's Moderne style is but one of a handful in Fullerton, but in this case, it is not a particularly strong statement. The curved corner where the entry door is located and the linear pattern from the grooved courses of the concrete construction are contributing features.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547