Originally: Russ House or Hunter House
Location: 845 N. Euclid Street
1930: Spanish Colonial Revival
This attractive two-story Spanish Colonial Revival structure was originally located on Orangethorpe Avenue, west of Harbor Boulevard in the middle of an orange grove. The house was built for pioneer rancher Albert Russ and his wife Catherine, and it represents one of the few instances where this style was used for a grove house.
When Mrs. Russ sold the property in 1952, she moved the house to what was at that time the terminus of Euclid Street. Since 1963, the building has been used as a church facility. First belonging to the Presbyterian Church, the structure was named for Dr. Graham Hunter, an active minister of the church during the 1920s and 1930s. The property continues to be used as a church and day care center.