Originally: Mahr HouseLocation: C.S.U. Fullerton campus
1928: Spanish Colonial Revival
This Spanish Colonial Revival house was built for Lottie Hetebrink, the daughter of Henry Hetebrink. However, Miss Hetebrink never actually resided in the house. Originally, the building was on a 50-acre lot, but the land was lost shortly after 1930. The Mahr family owned the property until the State of California bought it as part of the C.S.U. Fullerton campus.
Some of the building’s features have been modified, but the original design is essentially intact. The structure’s architecture exhibits the customary approach of the Spanish Colonial style, providing strong forms and mass as well as coherent detailing.