Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1918-1925 Residential > Sans Souci Court, 1924
Shortcuts
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
Water Bill Payment
City Employment
Agendas & Minutes
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Public Notices
Sans Souci Court

 << Back | Next >>

Location:
501 W. Whiting Avenue
1924: Spanish Colonial Revival

Sans Souci CourtA Spanish Colonial architecture was used for this bungalow court, one of the few constructed in Fullerton in the 1920s. Single story buildings on the east and west sides of a small central courtyard flank a two-story structure at the rear of the property. Distinguishing features include a decorative fascia supported by round columns that connects the two single story buildings; the small, enclosed porches for the units; and the use of shed roofs with tile over openings.

In the original development, the two-story building was twice as large as its present size; the back half was demolished when Chapman Avenue was widened in the 1960s, resulting in the loss of three units and garages.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547