Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1918-1925 Residential > Bastanchury House, 1921
Shortcuts
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
City Employment
Agendas & Minutes
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Police News
Public Notices
Bastanchury House

 << Back | Next >>

Location:
419 E. Las Palmas Drive
1921: Spanish Colonial Revival

Bastanchury HouseThis impressive Spanish Colonial style house was apparently the last to be built by the pioneer Bastanchury family. Domingo Bastanchury and his wife, Maria, were Basque immigrants who came to this area in 1870, and immediately bought land in the Fullerton hills for sheep herding. The Bastanchury family acquired more wealth during the oil boom of the 1920s, but their ranch company went bankrupt during the 1930s. At the peak of this family’s success, its holdings were so extensive that all three railroads – the Union Pacific, the Santa Fe and the Pacific Electric -- ran spur lines to the ranch house.

The house now is situated among other single-family residences, all on land that was once the Bastanchury ranch.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547