Location: 201 E. Chapman Avenue
1922: Spanish Colonial Revival
The present Fullerton High School campus is actually the third site for the City’s initial high school. The Fullerton Union High School District was established in 1893, at which time all grades attended the same building for classes. This first brick school building stood near the corner of Spadra Road (Harbor Boulevard) and Wilshire Avenue.
Shortly after 1900, a new complex was erected on Commonwealth Avenue where Amerige Park is presently located. In 1911, a fire destroyed the main building, and the school was moved again, this time to its current location on East Chapman Avenue.
An initial group of wood of frame bungalows was replaced in 1922, when thirteen separate buildings were erected in a quadrangle on twenty-two acres. In 1930, the construction of Plummer Auditorium continued the Spanish Colonial architecture on the campus. Subsequent buildings have been less successful to adhering to this style.