Originally: Christian Science Church
Location: 142 E. Chapman Avenue
1920: Mission Revival
The corner site of this Mission Revival church is an important part of the building’s dramatic effect. Erected in 1920, the structure was originally a Christian Science Church and was not dedicated until November 1929, when the $35,000 debt had been paid. It now serves as an important landmark in Fullerton, both architecturally and culturally.
The structure, one of six major Mission Revival buildings in Fullerton, is distinguished from the others by its elaborate relief decoration as well as its inviting setting. The wings seem to embrace the corner, providing a warm reception to all whom wish to visit the church.