Location: 247 E. Valencia Drive
1915: Victorian / Craftsman
This one-and-half story house exhibits a combination of Victorian and Craftsman architecture. The high gable roof that extends the entire length of the structure has Victorian roots; the layout and detailing of the porch reflects Craftsman traits.
This was a ranch house for the son of one of the community’s early settlers, Henry Burdorf. Henry Burdorf, a German immigrant who came to the area in the 1870s, first maintained a ranch and farmed land in the Orangethorpe district. His oldest son, Henry Jr., built this house in 1915, as part of a 20-acre ranch that included land where Maple School and Lemon Park are now situated. The Burdorf family lived in this house until the 1950s.