Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE FULLERTON PLANNING COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS - FULLERTON CITY HALL
WEDNESDAY JUNE 28, 2000 4:00 P.M.
- CALL TO ORDER:
- The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Sandoval at 4:00 p.m.
- ROLL CALL:
- Vice-Chairman Sandoval; Commissioners Allred, Crane, Godfrey, Munson, and Simons
ABSENT: Chairman LeQuire
STAFF PRESENT: Chief Planner Rosen, Senior Planner Mullis, Program Planner Linnell, and Recording Secretary Stevens
- MOTION by Commissioner Simons, seconded and CARRIED by a 5-0 vote, with Commissioner Munson abstaining, that the Minutes of the June 14, 2000, meeting be APPROVED AS WRITTEN.
- ITEM NO. 1
ZONING CODE UPDATE. APPLICANT: CITY OF FULLERTON
- Staff report dated June 21, 2000, was presented pertaining to a review of the final draft of the proposed update to the Zoning Ordinance (Title 15), including consideration of possible revisions to the "Residential", "PRD," "Commercial" and "Industrial" zone classification chapters.
Program Planner Linnell reported that copies of the final draft of the entire update to the Zoning Ordinance were distributed to the Commission. He indicated that all commissioners would have up to 60 days to review the document, and the staff report pointed out those items which staff wished to bring to the Commission attention. He reminded that at the present time, there were no graphics in the report but would include some at a later date to make the document more readable.
Chief Planner Rosen added that staff had also sent the document to interested parties. The next Planning Commission hearing on this item will be a formal adoption of the document.
Commissioner Simons inquired where the requirements for handicapped parking were in Title 24. Program Planner Linnell answered that in the Zoning chapter on "Uses", there was a section on parking, which explains that the development must meet Title 24 standard for the handicapped parking for the particular use.
Commissioner Crane asked how many graphics would be added to the document, and Program Planner Linnell replied that staff was presently working on eight of them, but staff was still reviewing how many more would be needed. Also, the graphics may have to be in a separate document, depending on how the City Clerk desires to have the document printed. Commissioner Crane indicated that he desired to see the graphics placed right into the document, where applicable.
Chairman Sandoval questioned if staff had an exact date for the next Planning Commission review of the Zoning Code update. Chief Planner Rosen said that staff anticipated presenting the update at the first Planning Commission meeting in September.
- ITEM NO. 2
GENERAL PLAN REVISION GPR-2000-03. APPLICANT: CITY OF FULLERTON
- A request to consider a General Plan Revision updating the locations of various recreational trails within the City. (Exhibit RM-2 of the General Plan) (Categorically exempt under Section 15301(c) of CEQA Guidelines).
Chief Planner Rosen reported that staff desired this matter to be continued to a date uncertain. MOTION by Commissioner Munson, seconded and CARRIED unanimously by voting members present, that said item be CONTINUED to a date to be determined.
- ITEM A
REVIEW OF COUNCIL ACTIONS
- Chief Planner Rosen gave a brief report on recent City Council meetings.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS
- There was no one present who wished to speak on any matter within the Commission's jurisdiction.
- AGENDA FORECAST
- The next regularly-scheduled meeting will be July 26, 2000 at 4:00 p.m. The July 12, 2000, meeting has been canceled.
- There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 4:21 p.m.
Clerk to the Planning Commission