SEPTEMBER 14, 2005
Council Chambers - City Hall
Persons addressing the Planning Commission shall be limited to 10 minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Planning Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comment will be allowed on agenda items at the time the item is considered.
Public comment will be allowed on matters not appearing on the agenda but within the Planning Commission's jurisdiction, at the end of the agenda. No action may be taken on off-agenda items except as provided by law.
The Planning Commission's approval or denial of any action on this agenda shall become final and effective ten days after its decision unless an appeal is made in writing within this ten-day period to the City Council by either an applicant or an opponent. The filing of an appeal within such time limit shall stay the effective date of the order of the Planning Commission until such time as the City Council has acted on the appeal. Anyone interested in making an appeal should contact the Development Services Department for assistance.
4:00 P.M. SESSION
Regular Meetings of August 10 and August 24, 2005
Next Resolution No. PC-05-30
OTHER MATTERSA. FOX THEATER UPDATE.
A presentation by the Fullerton Historic Theatre Foundation B. ZONING CODE WORKSHOP.
Staff presentation pertaining to the zoning code.
7:00 P.M. SESSION
|PUBLIC HEARINGS ||RECOMMENDED ACTIONS |
- PRJ05-00322 - ZON05-00031. APPLICANT: ASH STREET VENTURES, INC. AND RICK BLAKE; PROPERTY OWNERS: KATHERINE A. GOSSELIN. A request for a Conditional Use Permit to operate a bar use - Type 48 ABC License (On-Sale General - Public Premise) at an establishment currently operating as a restaurant with a full liquor license - Type 47 ABC License (On-Sale General - Eating Place) on property located at 1189 East Ash Avenue (north side of Ash Avenue between approximately 50 and 110 feet west of Raymond Avenue) (C-M zone) (Categorically exempt under Section 15301 of CEQA Guidelines) (HSO) (Continued from June 22, 2005).
|-Approval, subject to conditions |
- PRJ04-00238 - LRP04-00007. APPLICANT AND PROPERTY OWNER: LSF II FULLERTON. A request to amend Amerige Heights Development Agreement DA-00-01 to provide an extension of time to complete certain public facilities in the Amerige Heights Specific Plan, including the Amerige Heights Community Center and Barrett Park (Trailhead Park). The Amerige Heights Specific Plan is generally located north of Malvern Ave, east of Gilbert St, south of Pioneer Ave, and west of Bastanchury Road (Specific Plan District) (Previously certified EIR) (Continued from August 10, 2005) (JRO).
|-Recommend approval to the City Council |
- PRJ05-00445 - ZON05-00054. APPLICANT: ALMIRA CONSTRUCTION; PROPERTY OWNER: MANUEL CAMPOS. A request for a variance to grant a reduction in the garage parking requirement from three garages to two garages and an open space on property located at 521 East Valencia Drive (north side of Valencia Drive, immediately east of the terminus of Balcom Avenue) (R-1-6 zone) (Categorically exempt under Section 15303 of CEQA Guidelines) (HSO)
|-Approval, subject to conditions |
- PRJ05-00538 - ZON05-00070. APPLICANT: CITY OF FULLERTON; PROPERTY OWNER: MARY A. MORGAN. A request for clarification of use to determine if an approximately 672-square-foot skateboard ramp in the rear-yard of a single-family residentially-zoned property is an outdoor recreational facility permitted in the zone, or a commercial recreational use not permitted in the zone, for property located at 616 North Mountain View Place (east side of Mountain View Place between approximately 373 and 444 feet south of Nutwood Avenue) (HSO)
|-See staff report |
REVIEW OF COUNCIL ACTIONS
AGENDA FORECAST : The next regularly-scheduled meeting of the Fullerton Planning Commission will be September 28, 2005 at 7:00 p.m.
- A request to approve a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) to expand an existing legal non-conforming bar, change from an existing ABC Type 42 license (On-sale beer & wine - public premises) to an ABC Type 48 (On-sale general - public premises) and reduce the number of parking spaces required for the site, on property located at 910-914 W. Williamson Avenue
- A request to abandon a ten-foot-wide by 100-foot deep alley that bisects the property located at 320 S. Highland Avenue
- A request to abandon an 8.5-foot-wide by approximately 90-foot long portion of street right of way on property located at 130 S. Highland Avenue
- A review of compliance with conditions for a previously-approved Conditional Use Permit, and possible setting of a revocation hearing for same Conditional Use Permit, for an automobile repair and sales business, on property located at 801-811 West Commonwealth Avenue