April 12, 2000
Persons addressing the Planning Commission shall be limited to 10 minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Planning Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comment will be allowed on agenda items at the time the item is considered.
Public comment will be allowed on matters not appearing on the agenda but within the Planning Commission's jurisdiction, at the end of the agenda. No action may be taken on off-agenda items except as provided by law.
The Planning Commission's approval or denial of any action on this agenda shall become final and effective ten days after its decision unless an appeal is made in writing within this ten-day period to the City Council by either an applicant or an opponent. The filing of an appeal within such time limit shall stay the effective date of the order of the Planning Commission until such time as the City Council has acted on the appeal. Anyone interested in making an appeal should contact the Development Services Department for assistance.
7:00 P.M. SESSION
ROLL CALL MINUTES:
Regular Meeting of March 22, 2000
Next Resolution No. 6869
|PUBLIC HEARINGS ||RECOMMENDED ACTIONS |
|1. TRACT TR-15982. APPLICANT: GOLD KEY BUILDERS; PROPERTY OWNER: JOANNE MYRTLE SAIGN/HANSON. A request to subdivide a 3.10-acre parcel to create five single-family residential lots on property at the southeast corner of Laguna Road and Euclid Street (R-1-20,000 zone) (Mitigated Negative Declaration) (Continued from January 12, 2000 and February 23, 2000). ||-Certify Mitigated Negative Declaration|
-Approval, subject to conditions
|2. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT CUP-1020. APPLICANT: STARBUCKS COFFEE COMPANY. PROPERTY OWNER: CHEN NAN SONG. A request to allow a coffee house (Starbuck's Coffee) in a multi-tenant commercial center under a joint-use parking arrangement, on property located at 101 West Orangethorpe Avenue (northwest corner of Orangethorpe Avenue and Harbor Boulevard) (C-2 zone) (Categorically exempt under Class 32 of CEQA Guidelines). ||-Approval, subject to conditions |
|3. ABANDONMENT AB-00-1. APPLICANT: MUSSER ARCHITECTS, INC.; PROPERTY OWNER: SUMMERWOOD APARTMENTS. A request to abandon the vehicular access rights to a 30-foot section along the northeasterly line of the 3200 block of Yorba Linda Boulevard in front of the Summerwood Apartments (C-3 zone) (Categorically exempt under Class 3b of CEQA Guidelines). ||-Recommend approval to City Council |
|4. ZONING CODE UPDATE. CITY OF FULLERTON. Review and comment on a draft of proposed revisions to the following chapters of the Fullerton Zoning Ordinance: Noise Control and Sign Code. ||-Receive Commission comments |
- A. RESOLUTION OF INTENTION.
- To consider amending Title 15 of the Fullerton Municipal Code to add Chapter 15.58 entitled "Special Events on Private Property" and to eliminate a corresponding section in Chapter 15.30.
- B. REVIEW OF COUNCIL ACTIONS
- C. PUBLIC COMMENTS
- D. AGENDA FORECAST.
- The next meeting of the Fullerton Planning Commission will be April 26, 2000, at 4:00 p.m.
- To consider site and architectural plans to construct a two-story, 66,500-square-foot student athletic facility for Hope International University located at 2500 E. Nutwood Avenue.
- To consider site and architectural plans for a 16-unit apartment complex on property located at the southwest corner of Associated Road and Bastanchury Road.
- Proposed revisions to the following section of the Zoning Code Ordinance: Definitions. Also recap and summary of all proposed revisions to the Code to date.