Establishing water service is easy!
Just call Utility Services at (714) 738-6890. Our Customer Service Representatives can take your information over the phone. We accept Discover, Master Card, and Visa over the phone so you can set up your account right away.
Operating Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mon-Thurs. City Hall is closed alternate Fridays.
- For Application
- Home Telephone Number
- Driver's License Number
- Social Security Number
- Employment Information
- Emergency Contact Person
- Landlord's name, address and telephone number (if renting)
- Deposit: Residential service requires a deposit of twice the average monthly bill, which will be credited to your account after 12 consecutive on-time payments.
- Previously Occupied Home: If you are moving into a previously occupied home, we recommend calling at least two days before you would like service started so we can turn the water on if necessary.
- Brand New Home: If you are moving into a brand-new home, we may need an extra day or two to create a new account for the home.
Terminating water service is just as easy!
Just call (714) 738-6890 and give the representative the date you would like to stop service and a forwarding address. We will prepare a pro-rated bill and send it to you.
Yes! We have customer service representatives who speak Spanish fluently to assist our Spanish-speaking customers.
For questions regarding billing call (714) 738-6890.
Your water bill comes once every two months. Your first bill may be received anywhere from 2 to 62 days from the start of service. There will be a service establishment charge on your first bill.
Your meter will then be read on a 60-day cycle (approximately), and you will receive your bill within seven days after the date of meter reading.
Residential bills consist of four components:
- Water Use Charge - covers the cost of providing water to your home.
- Sanitation Charge - Funds City flood control, street sweeping, curb and gutter cleaning, tree trimming, root trimming, and other needed services. (FMC 12.14.010)
- Refuse Collection Charge - Pays for trash service at your home. We contract with MG Disposal, a division of Taormina Industries, for trash disposal.
- Sewer Charge - Statewide cities are mandated to expand their sewer maintenance and repair programs. These mandates are part of the federal government's Clean Water Act. Please contact Maintenance Services at (714) 738-6897 for sewer related questions.
If you believe the City has made an error in your bill, or if you question your obligation to pay the bill, you may contact the Water Customer Service Office at (714) 738-6890 within 15 days of the billing date.
- The most common way is to mail your payment in the envelope included with your bill.
- AutoPay - The most convenient payment process for you may be the election of AUTOPAY. This would allow direct payment of your bill from your checking account to the City on the bill due date. Print the Auto Pay Sign-up Form and mail or bring the document and a voided check to City Hall to start your direct payments.
- Pay Online - You can also pay online or call Utility Services at (714) 738-6890 and pay over the phone using a credit card (we accept Discover, Master Card, and Visa).
- You are welcome to come to our counter on the first floor of City Hall and pay in person. For your convenience, a night drop-off box is located outdoors on the north side of City Hall for after-hours payments.
City Hall is located at 303 West Commonwealth Ave, at the corner of Commonwealth and Highland.